4 Ideas For a Unique Valentine’s Day
This Saturday marks the day most women look forward to: Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re excited to celebrate and participate in it or not, impressing your loved one might be a big task. Instead of going the flower and dinner plan route, why not do something fun that both of you will love? The city is offering a full list of activities and fun dinners, so you don’t have to do the same valentine’s Day routine this year. Impress your MINI love by checking out these events in Denver.
- Fillmore Auditorium
- Saturday, Feb 14 at 7:00 p.m.
If you’re hating the whole Valentine’s Day theme, head to the Fillmore Auditorium for an exceptional concert experience. DeVotchKa will be headlining, along with other locals Nathaniel Rateliff and A. Tom Collins. For over 10 years, Denver indie rock group DeVotchKa has been making music and performing worldwide including at Coachella, Bonnaroo, Glastonbury and Pukkelpop. In 2006, the band released a score for the film “Little Miss Sunshine”. The film is a favorite among millions and was even nominated for the Best Picture Oscar, and the soundtrack was nominated for a Grammy. Tickets are sure to sell out, so buy them now before it’s too late!
- “Romance Under-the-Sea Sweetheart Package”
- Offered February 13-15th
- Call for cost and reservations: 303.561.4450
- More info
Don’t make boring dinner plans this Valentine’s Day. Instead, head to the Downtown Aquarium for a delicious meal, along with fun activities afterwards. This package includes a four-course meal, live entertainment, two glasses of champagne, a rose and two Aquarium Adventure Passes. Your whole night is planned, all within one building!
Argyll Whisky Beer Valentine’s Day Special
- $59 per person
- Reservations required: 303.847.0850
Maybe you simply want a delicious meal on Valentine’s Day. Look no further than one of our favorite new restaurants, Argyll Whisky Beer. Enjoy two courses, plus dessert for only $59 per person.
Here’s the menu:
- 1st course choice of:
- Warm Asparagus and Wild Mushroom Salad with Quail Egg and Porcini Vinaigrette
- Love Letters: Housemade Spinach Past with slow cooked lamb, rosemary and pine nuts
- Shrimp Bisque with Chili Oil
- Seafood Trio: Oyster with Cucumber Noodles, Octopus with Olives; Smoked Salmon toast with pickled vegetables
- 2nd course choice of:
- Beet Risotto with Shaved Parmesan and Fried Sage
- Duo of NY Steak and Braised Short Rib with potato croquettes
- Striped Bass with Celery Root Puree and Bouillabaisse Ju
- Dessert choice of:
- Spicy Chocolate Fondue for Two with pound cake and fruit
- Vanilla Passionfruit Parfait
- Walnut Cheesecake with Dried Fruit Compote
Denver Botanic Gardens
- “When Romance Goes to Seed”
- 1007 York St.
- Offered Saturday, February 14th, 1:30-3:00 p.m.
For a unique Valentine’s Day experience, head to Denver’s Botanic Gardens. Saturday’s weather is looking good for a day here, with thousands of flowers, trees and more, among artwork in the Gardens. Stories on Stage will be taking place from 1:30-3:00 p.m., where you can watch a performance that “expresses the varied sentiments of romance. Readers and gardeners alike will thrill to the actors’ delivery and authors’ wit as they bring love stories to life.”